FEDERAL CHARACTER COMMISSION
NO.3 MAPUTO STREET WUSE ZONE 3
P.M.B 5008, WUSE ABUJA
INVITATION FOR TENDER AND EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR 2022 CAPITAL PROJECTS
INTRODUCTION: The Federal Character Commission is one of the 14 Federal Executive Bodies established under section 153(1) of the 1999 constitution (as amended) to promote and ensure national cohesion and unity in the country. The Commission in its continuous effort towards achieving its mandate invite experienced and competent contractors/suppliers to submit bids/expression of interest for the under listed year 2022 projects.
2. SCOPE OF WORKS
PROJECT A: GENERAL RENOVATION OF FCC STATE OFFICE (WORKS)
|LOT ‘A’||DESCRIPTION OF WORK||LOCATION|
|Lot A1||General Renovation of FCC State Office||Ilorin, Kwara State|
|Lot A2||General Renovation of FCC Hqtrs Office||Abuja-FCT|
PROJECT B: PROCUREMENT OF FURNITURE AND OFFICE EQUIPMENT FOR FCC STATE OFFICES(GOODS)
|LOT ‘B’||DESCRIPTION OF WORK||LOCATION|
|Lot B1||Supply and installation of office furniture and equipment.||FCC Headquarters and selected State Offices.|
PROJECT C: EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
|LOT ‘E’||DESCRIPTION OF SERVICE||LOCATION|
|C1(A)||Integrating Strategic Partnership with Critical Stakeholders and Advocacy on Balanced Development.||South-West Zone|
|C1(B)||Integrating Strategic Partnership with Critical Stakeholders and Advocacy on Balanced Development.||North-West Zone|
|C1(C)||Integrating Strategic Partnership with Critical Stakeholders and Advocacy on Balanced Development.||South-South Zone|
|C1(D)||Integrating Strategic Partnership with Critical Stakeholders and Advocacy on Balanced Development||North-Central Zone|
|C1(E)||Integrating Strategic Partnership with Critical Stakeholders and Advocacy on Balanced Development||North-East Zone|
|C1(F)||Integrating Strategic Partnership with Critical Stakeholders and Advocacy on Balanced Development||South-East Zone|
|C2||Documentary on Commission Activities on NTA, AIT, FRCN Channels etc|
|C3||Production of FCC In-House Magazine and Annual Report|
|C4||Digitization of files and other records in the Commission|
- ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS: –
- Evidence of Certificate of Incorporation issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) including Forms CAC2 and CAC7;
- Evidence of Company Income’s Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three (3) years valid till 31st December, 2022; with minimum average turnover of (
- Evidence of current Pension Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2022;
- Evidence of current Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2022;
- Evidence of current Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2022;
- Evidence of Registration on the National Database of Federal Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers by submission of Interim Registration Report (IRR) expiring on 31st December, 2022 or valid Certificate issued by BPP.
- Sworn Affidavit disclosing whether or not any officer of the relevant committees of the Federal Character Commission (FCC) or the Bureau of Public Procurement is a former or present Director, shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder and to confirm that all information presented in its bid are true and correct in all particulars;
- Company’s Audited Accounts for the last three (3) years -2019, 2020, 2021;
- Evidence of financial capability to execute the project by submission of Reference Letter from a reputable commercial bank in Nigeria, indicating willingness to provide credit facility for the execution of the project when needed;
- Company’s Profile with the Curriculum Vitae of Key Staff to be deployed for the project, including copies of their Academic/Professional qualifications (in case of construction: COREN, QSRBN, ARCON, CORBON etc.);
- Verifiable documentary evidence of at least three (3) similar jobs executed in the last five (5) years including Letters of Awards, Valuation Certificates, Job Completion Certificates and Photographs of the projects;
- Works: List of Plants/Equipment with proof of Ownership/Lease
- Project C: Evidence of Firms current registration with relevant regulatory professional body(ies).
- For Joint Venture/Partnership, Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) should be provided (CAC, Tax Clearance Certificate, Pension Compliance Certificate, ITF Compliance Certificate, NSITF Compliance Certificate, IRR & Sworn Affidavit are compulsory for each JV partner)
- All documents for submission must be transmitted with a Covering/Forwarding letter under the Company/Firm’s Letter Head Paper bearing amongst others, the Registration Number (RC) as issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), Contact Address, Telephone Number (preferably GSM No.), and e-mail address. The Letterhead Paper must bear the Names and Nationalities of the Directors of the Company at the bottom of the page, duly signed by the authorised officer of the firm.
- COLLECTION OF TENDER DOCUMENTS
Interested companies are to collect the Standard Bidding Document (SBD) from the office of the Procurement Unit, Room A007, Ground Floor, Block ‘A’ Federal Character Commission Headquarters, No. 3 Maputo Street Wuse Zone 3, Abuja, on evidence of payment of a non-refundable tender fee of
N10,000.00 per Lot, paid into the Federal Character Commission’s Remita account in any reputable commercial bank in Nigeria.
- SUBMISSION OF TENDER DOCUMENTS
Prospective bidders are to submit bid for each of the Lot desired, two (2) hard copies each of the technical and financial bids with softcopy of financial bid only in MS Excel format, packaged separately in sealed envelopes and clearly marked as “Technical Bid” or “Financial Bid”. Thereafter, put the two sealed envelopes together in a bigger sealed envelope addressed to the Executive Chairman, Federal Character Commission Headquarters, No. 3 Maputo Street Wuse Zone 3, Abuja, and clearly marked with the name of the project and the Lot number. Furthermore, the reverse of each sealed envelope should bear the name and address of the bidder and drop in the designated Tender Box (Ministerial Tender Board Secretariat, Room A007, ground floor, Block ‘A’ Federal Character Commission Headquarters, No. 3 Maputo Street Wuse Zone 3, Abuja,) not later than Monday,5th September, 2022 by 12:00 noon.
- SUBMISSION OF EOI
As Per 5 above, but in one envelope not later than 12:00 noon on Monday 8th August, 2022
- OPENING OF EOI AND TECHNICAL BIDS
- The Expression of Interest (EOI) documents for (Project C) will be opened immediately after the deadline submission on Monday, 8th August, 2022 by 12:00 noon, which must be the same deadline for the submission in the Commission’s Boardroom 4th Floor, Block ‘A’ Federal Character Commission Headquarters, No. 3 Maputo Street, Wuse Zone 3, Abuja,
- Opening of Technical bids for Projects A-B shall commence immediately after the deadline for submission at 12:00 noon on Monday, 5th September, 2022 at Commission’s Boardroom 4th Floor, Block ‘A’ Federal Character Commission Headquarters, No. 3 Maputo Street, Wuse Zone 3, Abuja. Please ensure that you sign the bid-submission register in the Procurement Unit, as the FCC will not be held liable for misplaced or wrongly submitted bids. For further enquiries, please contact the Director, General Services on email email@example.com.
- GENERAL INFORMATION
- Bids must be in English Language and signed by an official authorized by the bidder;
- Bids submitted after the deadline for submission would be returned un-opened;
- Bidders should not bid for more than two (2) Lots
- All costs will be borne by the bidders;
- Present of bidders/representatives and members of the Public shall not be required during the bid opening ceremony in compliance with COVID-19 Guidelines. The bids opening will be covered by video recording with the presence of two (2) representative of private sector professional bodies and Civil Society Organization in the area of Anti-Corruption/Transparency;
- Bid documents can also be collected in soft copies and Bidders can submit through Post (Courier Services);
- Goods & Works: only pre-qualified bidders at technical evaluation will be invited at a later date for financial bids opening, while the financial bids of un-successful bidders will be returned un-opened;
- Services: only shortlisted firms will be invited at a late date for collection of Request for Proposals (RfPs);
- The Federal Character Commission is not bound to pre-qualify/shortlist any bidder and reserves the right to annul the Procurement process at any time without incurring any liabilities in accordance with Section 28 of the Public Procurement Act 2007.
Federal Character Commission